Wednesday 9 January 2013

Alphatags a final flourish

Hi Folks, long time, no see, I know. I was very poorly before Christmas, aand this little blog was one of the things that got neglected, I'm afraid. Anyway, I'd like to show you a tag that I made recently for the Chocolate Baroque Alphatag swap. You wouldn't have to guess too hard, that I made a 'Z' for Zentangle tag this time around!

I used some stamps from Chocolate Baroque of course, as the basis of my design, choosing a large open flower, and a smaller clear stamp in the shape of a butterfly that is already decorated with designs. I covered my tag, using the wrinkle free distress method, picking up colour from my craft sheet. I also coloured a second tag to use for stamping elements for decoupage, like the butterfly, in a slightly different colour.

I stamped a portion of the flower onto my tag, as it is too large to be stamped as a complete image. I filled in the various sections of the flower, and then added some colour using pencils. I also added pencil highlights to the butterfly.

I chose to add a border to the tag which symbolises good health. The outer petal design symbolises happiness. So, hopefully, my recipient will get a little bit of both in 2013. I already know who has received my tag, she was the organiser of the entire swap, and she put so much work into the whole thing for us all.


I hope to be back sooner than the last time, as I really enjoyed putting this tag together. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely & I especially like the softness of your background. The flower looks super with just a portion of it - actually more striking than if it had been the whole image. Love those petal designs.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Judith I love the soft colours you have used

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact
    was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?
    Feel free to surf my website Oregon mortgage assistance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.
    Also see my page - www.illinoisskillsmatch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This paragraph will help the internet viewers for setting up new
    weblog or even a blog from start to end.

    My site 2 bedrooms apartments in turkey

    ReplyDelete